Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Blog 15: Independent Component 1

One of the photos I took at my day at court in the judge's chambers.

·       LITERAL
(a) Write: “I, Starla Seale, affirm that I completed my independent component which represents 32 hours of work.”
(b) Cite your source regarding who or what article or book helped you complete the independent component.
Cindy Hafif, my mentor helped me gain knowledge and experience during my independent component studies. Luz, a Paralegal, who works for Cindy, also helped me with gaining knowledge on being a lawyer and showing me things in the office.

(c) Update your hours in your Senior Project Hours link. Make sure it is clearly labeled with hours for individual sessions as well as total hours.
Check
·       (d) Explain what you completed.    
I went to depositions, mediations, and went to court. Everything I did will be turned in, in detail, about what I experienced in my 32 hours.

·       INTERPRETIVE 
Defend your work and explain its significance to your project and how it demonstrates 30 hours of work.   Provide evidence (photos, transcript, art work, videos, etc) of the 30 hours of work.  
Everything I did, in much detail, will be with everything I turn in. Including photos to prove my evidence of the things I did with my mentor.

·       APPLIED
How did the component help you understand the foundation of your topic better?  Please include specific examples to illustrate this. 
    • I sat and listened during my hours, I got to learn many things about being a lawyer and also many things about different types of people. I got to do things some lawyers can’t even do by attending these events with my mentor. I got to meet clients that told the truth and some that ended up being lairs during a settlement. I learned insight on what lawyers go through during settlements to their cases. The job of a lawyer is to always stay on their toes when being with a client, because one little slip up could cost a whole case, and the client is paying the lawyer their time. I also learned that one settlement can take only few hours, or can end up being 15 hours long, like I experienced.  It was fun being able to dress up as a lawyer and watch real settlements between lawyers happen. The arguments, the style people do things, the way people talk and act. It was a real learning experience for me to watch everything happen as a whole. I am really glad of my experiences with my independent component project.

No comments:

Post a Comment