Thursday, October 29, 2015

Blog 10 - Interview 2 Reflection





1. Please explain how you are spending your mentorship time (Is it at a workplace or somewhere else?  Are you shadowing?  Are you able to do tasks that are meaningfully related to the topic?  If so, what?  Are there other people who are experts in the location?  Etc...)

I am mentoring at my mentors law firm. I am somewhat shadowing my mentor. Sometimes I will just follow my mentor around and see what she is doing, and other times my mentor will give me a task to do such as helping her with cases. I also help her paralegal and do work with her in cases. All these tasks are related to my topic because all the cases are personal injury. Yes there are many lawyers that work in her law firm, such as her paralegal.

2. How did you find your mentor?  How did you convince this person to help you?  

My mentor is a family friend and all I did was ask her and she said sure no problem, as long as I am willing to work.

3. How would you rate your comfort level with your mentor at this point in your relationship?  How does this relate to the time you've spent so far at mentorship/with this person

I would say I am very comfortable with my mentor, but I have a professional relationship with her in a way. I’ve grown to really respect my mentor with what she does because she puts in so many hours, with hard work, and really loves what she does.

4. What went well in this interview?  Why do you think so?  What do you still need to improve?  How do you know?  How will you go about it?

My mentor has been really busy these past two weeks and hasn’t really had any time to be interviewed. But, my mentor was willing to do a short interview with me. I need to work on thinking of follow up questions under pressure. When I’m being recorded I get nervous and I can’t ever think of follow up questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment