Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Blog 6 - Advisory Prep




1. What has worked well for you concerning senior project this year?  What has made it a positive experience for you?  

My mentorship has worked really well so far. I am able to see all the work my mentor does and see some of the paperwork and steps required for a case. My mentor is willing to meet with me and doesn’t mind helping me out with her cases because there is so much work that goes into it. This experience has been positive so far because my mentor is so kind and helpful. Any time I have a question, I just ask her or her paralegal and they will take the time to explain anything to me. So far I am enjoying my mentorship and I am learning many new things.


2. What are you finding difficult concerning senior project?  How can you adapt to make that portion work better for you?  How might the senior team help?

Some difficulty I am having is I feel like I don’t really know anything about what goes on in a courtroom. I would love to go to court to watch my mentor speak her case, but her trials are always early in the morning during school hours. I need to find a time to watch a trial, because without it, I feel like I am not really experiencing what a lawyer does. I will need to go over with my mentor all her court dates and figure out a time where I can go with her and watch one. The senior team wouldn’t be able to help me on this because it is between my mentor and I. I am also having trouble figuring out where I want to go with my project. My mentoring only shows me so much. The senior team might be able to help me figure out what road I should take next in this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment