Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Blog 5 - Interview 1 Reflection


Now I need to call my personal injury lawyer.

1. What is the most important thing I learned from the interview?  Is there anything I would do differently for other interviews?

The most important thing I learned from my interview was, you really need to love what you do. My mentor would not be where she is today if she didn’t do what she enjoyed. Even though my topic may seem like a lot of work, and it is, the end result makes a huge difference. Every time a case is resolved, you just helped out an entire family or one important person, and that is the greatest feeling in the world.

2. Did I get additional resources and contacts?  What is the most useful?  Why?

My mentor gave me many options for resources and contacts. She told me about a law library, which is just up the street from her law firm, that I can check out books and learn a lot of things about my topic. My mentor also told me about free legal services that are right outside of the library. This service can answer any questions and give me information and insight on my topic. My mentor told me I could also interview them for one of my interviews. The last contact she gave me was her paralegal, which is very important. Her paralegal literally does everything. Any time a lawyer in her firm needs help, the paralegal is there to assist them so their work isn’t as strenuous. My mentor’s paralegal would be a perfect person to interview because the paralegal dips into different cases with different types of lawyers all the time.

3. What makes my interviewee qualified to help me? 

My mentor who I interviewed is very qualified because she works in the topic that I chose for my senior topic. I got inspiration from her to approach this topic and do it for my senior project. She is very successful with her cases and owns her own law firm. She is a professional in personal injury law and she gave me great insight on what she does and what I can learn from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment