Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Blog 3 - First Interview Preparation

 


1. Who do you plan to interview? Why?
           
I plan to interview Cindy Hafif, my mentor. She is the most reasonable person to do my interview with because my topic is about what she does for work. Since, I have mentored with her during the summer, she is the only person in mind that I would even interview.

2.  Five questions will be assigned to all seniors to ask. What additional questions do you plan to ask? Ask open-ended questions.

The five questions that are assigned are:
  1. I’m interested in studying accidental law. What can you tell me about it? 
  2. From your perspective, what could I study that would be significant to other people? 
  3. Who else would you recommend I talk to? 
  4. What kinds of places or activities do you recommend I do for the mentorship component? 
  5. What materials should I read in this field? Who else can I interview?

Some questions I’m going to ask my mentor are:
  1. How many personal injury cases have you taken to trial? What were the results? 
  2. How long does it typically take to resolve an injury case? 
  3. How many cases are you currently handling? Do you think you take to many at a time? 
  4. Do you have help with any of the cases? If so, how many people on your team? 
  5. Do you enjoy your practice of law? Why?







No comments:

Post a Comment