Thursday, May 26, 2016

Blog 24: Last Presentation Reflection




(1) Positive Statement

What are you most proud of in your block presentation and/or your senior project? Why?

I am most proud about how I talked in my presentation. I was able to keep my nerves in check once I started my presentation. I am proud of how my activities turned out because everyone really enjoyed them. Presenting in front of everyone felt like a breeze compared to my freshman year. I felt confident and felt like myself presenting to the class.

(2) Questions to Consider

a.     What assessment would you give yourself on your block presentation?  Use the component contract to defend that assessment.

AE       P          AP       CR       NC

I would give myself an AE/P. I did everything required on the contract and more. I had two activities; I used my prop, gave out lots of information on my experiences and topic, and had hand on experience with the class.

b.     What assessment would you give yourself on your overall senior project? Use the component contract to defend that assessment.

AE       P          AP       CR       NC

I would give myself an AE. I thoroughly enjoyed my project. I learned so much in mentorship and had great experiences. I worked really hard this year with research and doing lots of work for my project. My presentation went very well and I got to teach other people what I love doing. I am so grateful for this project, for it led me to be more confident in myself and it made me build strong relationships with people I may have never met before.

(3) What worked for you in your senior project?

This senior project has led me to know a field I was scared at first trying. I have always wanted to be in law and this project let me be able to try it. I got to experience things I would have never thought I would have been able to do in the first place. I got to meet lawyers, clients, judges, and so many important people. I have grown more confident in myself because law can now be a realistic future career path for me.

(4) (What didn't work) If you had a time machine, what would you have done differently to improve your senior project?
I loved my two activities, but I wish my second activity would have been more connecting to my third answer. I needed to find a way to tie them together better.

(5) Finding Value

How has the senior project been helpful to you in your future endeavors?   Be specific and use examples.

I got to experience the life of a lawyer. I got to watch the boring work and fun parts of being a lawyer. I got to meet people in the law field that I would have never have met if it weren’t for this project. Now, going into college, I am going to look into law and business and see how it goes. This project has brought confidence within myself because I know I can be a lawyer if I have the passion for it and if I work really hard. My mentor, Cindy Hafif, has been an amazing person to work with. She has given me opportunities that other lawyers don’t even get to have. This project will help me carry life long memories that will influence my decisions in the future.


No comments:

Post a Comment