Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Blog 22: Independent Component 2




LITERAL
(a) Include this statement: “I, Starla Seale, affirm that I completed my independent component which represents 31 hours of work.”

(b) Cite your source regarding who or what article or book helped you complete the independent component.
Cindy Hafif, my mentor helped me gain knowledge and experience during my independent component studies. Luz Raddock, a Paralegal, who works for Ms. Hafif, also helped me with gaining knowledge on being a lawyer and showing me how things are done with cases.

(c) Update your Independent Component 2 Log (which should be under your Senior Project Hours link)
Check
(d) Explain what you completed.    
I went to depositions, mediations, and went to court. Everything I did will be turned in, in detail, about what I experienced in my 31 hours of work.

(e) Defend your work and explain the component's significance and how it demonstrates 30 hours of work.   Provide evidence (photos, transcript, art work, videos, etc) of the 30 hours of work.   
Everything I did, in detail, will be with everything I turn in. Including photos to prove my evidence of the things I did with my mentor.
(f) How did the component help you answer your EQ? Please include specific examples to illustrate how it helped. 
    • I got to learn many things about being a lawyer and also many things about different types of people. I got to do things some lawyers can’t even do by attending these events with my mentor. I got to meet real clients and watch how they deal with their case and what emotions they show. I learned insight on what lawyers go through during settlements to their cases. The job of a lawyer is to always stay on their toes when being with a client, because one little slip up could cost a whole case, and the client is paying the lawyer their time. I also learned that one settlement can take only few hours, or can end up being 15 hours long, like I experienced in my first independent component.  It was fun being able to dress up as a lawyer and watch real settlements between lawyers happen. The arguments, the way people do things, and the way people talk and act. It was a real learning experience for me to watch everything happen as a whole. I am really glad of my experiences with my 2nd independent component project.
    • Learning all these things and watching all these things it helped me answer my essential question: How does a Personal Injury Lawyer ensure the best overall satisfaction of the client? Being able to sit back and watch and even interact with people my mentor showed me how to get the best satisfaction of the client. 

No comments:

Post a Comment